Louisiana Brain Injury AttorneysSurvivors of a traumatic brain injury (TBI) will face a long road to recovery and encounter a wide range of challenges along the way. Many of which will stick with them throughout their lives. They may have to relearn different physical and mental skills and also face the loss of personal independence and the need for long-term care. The families of brain injury victims also face many challenges around both providing and being able to afford the proper care.
Brain injuries can stem from negligence in many cases including:
- Auto accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall injuries
- Falling objects
- Construction site injuries
- Workplace accidents
- And more
In any of these situations where a traumatic brain injury occurs, a brain injury attorney must prove the following:
- Duty of Care: The legal obligation that requires an individual to exercise a reasonable level of care to prevent harm.
- Breach of Duty: When an individual or entity fails to live up to their duty of care.
- Causation: The negligence of the individual or entity must be shown to be directly responsible for the injury.
- Damages: The victim must show that either economic or non-economic damages have occurred because of the negligence.
If you or a loved one is facing a traumatic brain injury, the brain injury attorneys at Daniels & Washington will be with you every step of the way to make sure the responsible parties are held accountable and the person with TBI is fully taken care of.